PRZYRODA Strona Główna PRZYRODA
Forum dyskusyjne PRZYRODA to doskonale miejsce do wymiany informacji, poszerzania wiedzy, rozwiazywania problemow i wszystkiego co tylko zwiazane z przyroda i jej ochrona.

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj
Google  

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
For a start
Autor Wiadomość
TatRa 

Wysłany: 2004-07-30, 13:02   For a start

Well,
Somebody should begin so;
tell me who know English so good that doesn’t fear writing here? :wink:

Anem 

Wysłany: 2004-07-30, 13:18   

Well... I think that I could chat with you TatRa in english as well, but what for if we both know polish. ;)

I heard that this subforum had been made for foreign guests who would like to visit us. I think also that place like this would be good to improve our language abilities, especially vocabulary connected with wildlife.

So far it would be great if any of our guests, who has already registered, show and introduce himself. Talking about nature with them will be for sure very didactic and nice for all of us.

Paulyoly 

Wysłany: 2004-08-01, 18:06   

Anem napisał/a:
Well... I think that I could chat with you TatRa in english as well, but what for if we both know polish. ;)

I heard that this subforum had been made for foreign guests who would like to visit us. I think also that place like this would be good to improve our language abilities, especially vocabulary connected with wildlife.

So far it would be great if any of our guests, who has already registered, show and introduce himself. Talking about nature with them will be for sure very didactic and nice for all of us.

Hi, I found your website because someone was linking one of my osprey pictures here from my online gallery.

www.pbase.com/paulyoly

I figured out how to register before this english version was created just so i could email him asking that he provide a link to my site when linking to my pictures. I'm an avid amature nature photographer in the United States, Florida. Here's one of my images. Is this a wildlife forum or just for birds of prey? My english may not be the best even though i was born and raised here(joking, kind of) :wink:

Anem 

Wysłany: 2004-08-01, 19:44   

Hi Paul. It is really great to speak with You.

I red your post and I could only apologize that your photos were used without your permission. Your request has been followed and a link to your gallery page has been added under each of your photos. You can see it here:

link

I saw also that you has replaced linked pictures with an information about copyrights so pictures are invisible now.

We will also inform our users about your ask, and I thing situation like this will never happen again.

It is of course in your hand whether to restore this pictures to our forum or not. We were pleased and enjoyed could see them and we will for sure enjoy could see them again. They were really great. These are not only my words. Your photoes were placed on this Forum as an example of great work and were underwritten as "genius". :D

Cytat:
Is this a wildlife forum or just for birds of prey?

This forum is generally about all aspects of a wildlife, not only about birds. Non the less many topics are connected with them. We have also sections about bats, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects, environment protection and many others. They are unfortunatelly in polish :?

However I think that we could talk here in this section about all of these interesting things. This section is in english only.

Oh and one more thing. Sorry for my english wchich is for sure not as good as yours because I am not using it every day...

Greetings.

Paulyoly 

Wysłany: 2004-08-02, 00:35   

Anem napisał/a:
Hi Paul. It is really great to speak with You.

I red your post and I could only apologize that your photos were used without your permission. Your request has been followed and a link to your gallery page has been added under each of your photos. You can see it here:

link

I saw also that you has replaced linked pictures with an information about copyrights so pictures are invisible now.

We will also inform our users about your ask, and I thing situation like this will never happen again.

It is of course in your hand whether to restore this pictures to our forum or not. We were pleased and enjoyed could see them and we will for sure enjoy could see them again. They were really great. These are not only my words. Your photoes were placed on this Forum as an example of great work and were underwritten as "genius". :D

Anem, Your english is very good, better than my polish (I know none). Only one picture is mine, the osprey titled osprey drowning (my rough translation). The other photos are not mine so please don't put a link to my site under them. The ones replaced with copyright warnings are from www.naturescapes.net , they are a wildlife photography forum. My name was given under my picture so it wasn't a big deal.

Maybe I will learn some polish here. :D Nie = off and Tak = on correct? Or is it No and Yes?

Thank you for your help.

Anem 

Wysłany: 2004-08-02, 06:16   

Cytat:
The other photos are not mine so please don't put a link to my site under them.

I removed those links.

Cytat:
Maybe I will learn some polish here. Nie = off and Tak = on correct? Or is it No and Yes?

Tak = Yes and Nie = No :D

OK. I must go for now because I am finally going on my holiday. I will be back in 5 to 7 days. See you then. :)

Kejbii 
Kejbii

Wysłany: 2004-08-04, 02:13   Hi, Paulyoly from Fla,USA

Hello Paulyoly,

If You are interested to gain a wider knowledge of the nature :wink: of our Forum - enter our most popular ZAGADKI sections. You will find subsections such as "awizagadki" for birds, "teriozagadki" for mammals, etc - You`ll see when You open the particular ones.
* "zagadki" stands for "quiz, guessing game"

To take part in a particular "guessing game" You need only be logged in to this forum.
After sending Your answering post to the forum the previous posts open - You enter the game and can see it in progress. You can`t change Your answer from now up to the post with solution given by the author of that particular guessing game. The author names the winners and makes a commentary.The most popular guessing section is AWIZAGADKI for bird-guessing.

What might be a disadvantage for You (or not :?: in that case :res: ) - we are guessing "polish" birds as a rule; there are over 436 species now on the polish national list of observations. Sorry we are not guessing Western Palearctic birds for example... On the other hand - if You are acquainted with euopean species they are often also polish.

Unfortunately there is peak vacation period in Poland in August so You won`t see many quizes being opened now... but still You might be our FIRST FOREIGN CONTESTANT :razz: 8)

For now You may appreciate the "level" of the guessing game - for we are not putting up evident, clear photos or close-ups rather than kinda blurry, distant shots, birds shown only in part, closely related species hard to discriminate, etc.

Much fun guaranteed... further info "on demand" :-D

I should mention that every logged in user (e.g.You) is entitled to put up guessing-games as an author - by making a post with a photograph or a drawing of some creature or plant.

Salutations :razz:

[ Dodano: 2004-08-04, 02:18 ]
Here`s a link to the Avifaunistic Commision of the Ornithological Section of the Polish Zoological Society (current listing of bird species in Poland in both languages)

http://culex.biol.uni.wroc.pl/komfaun/
Nauka jest metodą badania świata, a nie raz na zawsze ustaloną wizją świata, więc nie ma gwarancji, że uprawomocni oświeceniowe ideały ludzkiej racjonalności - John Gray, London School of Economics

Tony 
Ordo Praedicatorum

otop

Wysłany: 2005-01-12, 15:14   

That's graet that we have some English-spoken place on this forum. I also think that it would be rather oportunity to develop our language skills, but despite of this I hope that this forum will be guested by more people than alone Paul (Hi Paul! :D ).
Sorry for my mistakes which I haved surely made but I am still learning so my English should be better and better...

stary 

Wysłany: 2006-02-25, 00:52   

Don't be afraid to make mistakes in English. If you do mistakes it means, that you speak and write fluently in other language.

Odpowiedz do tematu